Car accidents are the leading cause of personal injuries and fatalities among citizens in the U.S. under the age of 35. Automobile accidents have injured around 2,788,000 and have caused over 42,000 casualties in 2004 alone according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Automobile accidents can bring a lot of catastrophic effects on the victims and their families. In some instances, these poor victims have been left unaided by the parties liable for their pain and suffering. These have happened due to their being short of knowledge about their rights under the law and their incapacity to undergo any legal undertaking. Hence, their chances of acquiring justice for their endured suffering, due to their automobile accident involvement, have been neglected. Gregg Pessin is a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer who can help you with these legal undertakings. Call today for your free consultation (305) 476-7767.
Any injured victim should follow these steps if ever they have been engaged in an automobile accident.
• Let the police and/or the paramedics be aware of the incident by calling 911 or asking somebody to report it to the nearest police precinct. This should be done as quickly as possible in order for the involved victims to be given proper medical attention and to avoid further damage or casualties.
• Get these facts about the other driver: full name, address, contact numbers, driver’s license number, license plate number and insurance provider information. This will serve as your reference if ever you will decide to file a court case in the future.
• If you are still capable, take a written account of the accident including all the small details which transpired on the scene such as the time of occurrence, witnesses and their contact information, traffic conditions and speed and directions of the vehicles involved among others. If possible, take a picture of the accident scene including your own injuries to serve as future evidences.
• Ask for the statements of credible witnesses about the accident.
• After seeking further medical treatment, you may employ the aid of a competent Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney to help you in filing charges against the defendant.
For further inquiries regarding your rights as a victim of an automobile accident, please call Gregg Pessin, a Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyer who has been a practicing lawyer in Fort Lauderdale for over 25 years. To reach Gregg, call (305) 476-7767.